Sunday, April 15, 2007

Cambridge

University town, Cambridge. I would say there is nothing much to see here, except for the Backs. But maybe people are really interested in the colleges. It cost money to walk into nearly every single college.

The weekend market. Lots of cheap things here. Some nice coffee beans.

King's college. I think you need 3 to 4 quid just to get in. What a college.

The Backs. River Cam with a few ducks. Some tourists taking photos. And the famous King's College Chapel.

The mathematical bridge. Legend has it that no bolts or nuts were used to built to build the bridge. But of course lots of screws are used.

The Eagle Pub. Watson and Crick used to drink here. The fellows who came up with the DNA double helix theory. I will go down for a pint soon, perhaps I will get some inspiration for a new theory.

No comments: